Many even dare to fight against acne through different medications and Dermatologists often suggest this right in the beginning of the course that the situation is pretty difficult and hence when the medication will be stopped the acne will come back again after giving a relief of about a couple of months. There are indeed many natural ways to if not completely remove but at times reduce the impact of acne to a considerable extent.
These remedies do take a longer while in showing the results as compared to medicines. But they are known to have no side effects in about 98% of the cases. We have managed to combine a series of 5 amazing DIY face masks that are known to dry out any puss filled and painful acne that you have and even help you get rid of acne scars. Don’t switch and enjoy reading along!
1. Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal makes for great fiber filled meal. Not only does this whole grain substance provide a health filled diet but is also a great compound to remove a variety of skin related problems. Oatmeal with a generous addition of honey increases the effectiveness of this face mask two-folds. Oatmeal has properties to soothe the skin of any inflammation while honey on the other hand works to reduce signs of bacterial infection on the acne prone skin.
How to make the face mask:
- Prepare a routine bowl of oatmeal like you always do (yes, cooking with milk in place of water could be a good thing).
- Add in a tablespoon of honey and mix both well together.
- Let the oatmeal pack cool down, and come to room temperature.
- Apply the pack all over your face and neck and let it sit for 20-25mins or till it dries.
- Thoroughly rinse the face pack and you can even slowly rub it in circular motions on your skin (keeping in mind not to damage any hard and painful acne), while rinsing.
2. Baking Soda Mask
Baking soda is considered to be a good, natural bleaching agent, when we come to talk about skin related issues. You can search for a number of skin color issues and you will most definitely find a number of remedies that include baking soda as in ingredient. In fact, you can even use baking soda as an agent to remove yellow stains from the teeth. Here again baking soda provides services as an effective anti-microbial, antiseptic and anti-fungal agent. All these properties make baking soda pack a relatively efficient way to remove harmful bacteria and infection from the top of the skin and also will help prevent further spread of the disease.
How to make a baking soda mask:
There are two ways to use baking soda as an effective acne killer agent.
- The first way is to form a paste out of mixing baking soda with enough water that it forms a consistent paste. Now apply the paste on to the skin in circular motion. The circular motion helps get rid of any dirt or pollution that might have been stuck in the pores. After applying the paste and rubbing it well let it to dry for about 15-20mins. Wash the face thoroughly and then gently use a tissue paper or personal towel to pat dry your face.
- In the second way baking soda is used as a scrubbing agent. Since it has der mabrasion properties, it could be used as a good antiseptic scrub. In the process take a cup full of baking soda and in that cup add a very small amount of water that only the grains get wet and not soaked. Now take small amounts of this thick and grainy paste and apply on the skin in circular motion to remove dead cell/skin from the face. After a good while of scrubbing, rinse the face well and then use a soft substance to pat dry.
3. Aloe Vera and Honey Mask
Aloe Vera is considered to be the finest and the most used plant for medicinal and remedial purposes. This plant is known as a ‘miracle plant’ and there is not even a single doubt about it. Aloe Vera plays such an important and effective role in digestion issues, hair and nail issues, and even skin issues. Aloe Vera works effectively to remove any signs of inflammation either internally or externally while honey is a bacteria enemy substance that is loaded with many other positive properties. These powers then combined together provide maximum benefits to the individual.
How to prepare an Aloe Vera and honey mask:
- For this you will need a small cup and some cotton balls along with aloe vera gel and honey.
- Organic aloe vera gel is readily available in all kinds of stores.
- Mix it with 4 tablespoons of organic honey to form a thick paste.
- With the help of your fingers or the cotton ball. Pick up the mixture and apply it on to your entire face.
- Leave the mask to dry for 20mins and then rinse thoroughly. You will feel a major difference in your skin afterwards in terms of softness and texture.
4. Milk and Honey/Yogurt
Dairy products are a part of amazing face and skin remedies. Both milk and yogurt help to keep the hair and skin healthy, it is all about the calcium components present inside dairy products that nourish the hair and nails. Likewise there are other components in milk and yogurt that help in the situation of acne. Milk and yogurt are used to not only soothe the skin and reduce inflammation and redness but also to prevent future acne related problems. Honey as discussed above provides the services of being an antibacterial.
How to make milk/yogurt and honey pack:
- The best way to use this remedy is to create a thick paste out of it.
- Take equal parts yogurt/milk honey in a bowl and form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on to the face and also rub it all over the affected skin, gently.
- Let it dry for a while and then either scrub it all over face in order to get rid of the visibly excessive dead skin or simply rinse well and pat dry.
5. Cinnamon and Honey
These two together are considered to be the powerhouse of remedial state. Honey is mentioned as an amazing antibacterial agent that helps remove not only the bacteria from the surface of the acne prone skin. But also promotes blockage of any further spread of bacteria. Cinnamon is also a great antimicrobial agent that works with honey to fight acne, hand in hand.
How to make cinnamon and honey pack:
- People do avoid using honey because of its extreme viscosity but if you could leave that behind honey is the best thing to happen in Mother Nature.
- In about 2 tablespoons full of honey add about a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and mix well.
- Using a cotton ball apply this paste on to the face or simply on to the selected acne affected spots.
- Leave the mask to rest on your skin for 15 minutes and then gently massage and rinse well.
- Pat dry your skin.
Acne is not treated as easily as one might think of. It takes a lot of patience to achieve goals that could satisfy you. Hence, in case of acne treatment, be patient and positive about seeing good results.